FAQ’S DURING TAX TIME
Now that the tax season is truly underway, have a read over the most common FAQ’s we receive around this time. Get the answers you need fast by reading below.
“How long will it take for Mr Tax Refund to complete my tax return?”
Our process is simple so that we are able to complete your return and lodge it to the Australian Taxation Office as soon as possible.
1. Send Documents – You can visit our Tax Documents page on our website to see more details on which documents to send through, but once we have received and checked your documents you will receive a confirmation email. This may take a few days. After your confirmation email has been sent one of our team members will be in contact with you to organise your phone appointment. Please avoid sending emails within this period as it will delay the process.
2. Phone Appointment - Our professional tax consultants will book you in 2 hour blocks e.g 9:00am to 11:00 or 2:00pm to 4:00pm. Within that two hour block we will call you to go over your tax return, this may only take 30 minutes but we require you to be close to your phone over that 2 hour period.
3. Sign Tax Agreement - Once your tax appointment is complete we will send you a link to sign your tax agreement online.
4. Lodge Tax Return - Usually the ATO takes several weeks to process your tax return and manually mail out your refund to our head office. We will then process your refund and automatically transfer it to your bank. This may take an additional week once we have received your refund.
“How does the 24hr Fast Refund option work?”
Once your tax return has been lodged with the ATO, you will receive your advance within 24hours. Please note that our fast refund option does not mean that your tax return will be lodged within 1 business day when you start but we can supply an advance within 24 hours.
1. Lodge your return – After you have sent back your signed client agreement to our team will lodge your tax return with the ATO.
2. Third-party lender contacts you directly - Once our team have passed your details onto the third-party lender we are unable to monitor the status of your refund. You will need to contact the lender directly for any queries.
3. Sign & send your contract with your most recent payslip – As responsible lenders, they are required by law to receive these details to process your funds.
4. Funds sent to your bank! – Please note that once your funds are transferred over, it may take several hours to clear into your account. If you are banking with the major four (Commonwealth, Westpac, NAB or ANZ) if you’re banking with a smaller institution it may take up to 3 days to clear into your account.
“What documents do I need?”
- PAYG Payment Summary (Group Certificates),
- List of work or self-education expenses,
- Private Health Insurance Statements,
- If you have a government debt – send through the current statements from the relevant department (i.e. Centrelink).
“How long will it take for my refund to be in my account?”
Once your tax return has been lodged with the Australian Taxation office it will take several weeks for them to process your return and manually mail out your refund. You can track your return via the ATO Website as well.
Please be aware that on the website it may show as processed, but it usually takes an additional 2 weeks to reach your bank. Once we have received your refund by Australia Post, we are then able to process your refund and send it to your bank.
“How do I contact Mr Tax Refund during the busy period?”
Please avoid messaging our Mr Tax Refund Facebook page for specific tax return enquiries – for security reasons we are limited in answering your questions specifically related to your tax return. This is to ensure your privacy is maintained.
During the busy tax season our aim is to process your tax return as quickly as possible. If you have any additional questions please refer to our FAQ page. To avoid waiting on the phone, send us an email to email@example.com with your 6-Digit Client ID.